Concrete Canvas (CC) can be used for hard armour capping of earth bunds around petrochemical tank farms, munitions depots and flood defences. Typically installation speeds for bund lining are approximately 800sqm/day with a 6-man crew.
CC provides a bund lining solution which is fast, easy and cost effective to install, other key advantages include:
- Reduced Maintenance: CC acts as an effective weed inhibitor, eliminating the maintenance required with grassed or earth bunds whilst providing a safe surface for trafficking.
- Improved Impermeability: CC has passed the impermeability requirement set by Total oil and gas company in France.
- Improved Safety: CC dramatically reduces the personnel and plant requirement for construction work resulting in fewer plant movements. Up to 200sqm of concrete can be supplied on a single pallet significantly reducing transportation and material handling.
- No Rebound: CC produces no back spray, eliminating problems associated with using sprayed concrete or resin based lining and reinforcement systems around sensitive infrastructure.
- Improved Access: CC can be supplied in man portable rolls allowing for installation in areas with restricted access.
We have several case studies showing CC used in Bund Lining applications available here.