What is a concrete drainage channel?
A concrete drainage channel is a system which allows the flow of water from one location to another. Used in a range of infrastructures and industries, concrete drainage channels have two common purposes: to convey clean water and to divert excess water. In both instances, a drainage channel serves as an effective way to transport surface water, whilst protecting the surrounding land from damage caused by water erosion.
How to install a concrete drainage channel
If you’re looking for a time-efficient and cost-effective way to install a heavy-duty drainage channel, use Concrete Canvas. Concrete Canvas products are part of a revolutionary class of new, innovative materials called Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mats (GCCMs), it is essentially Concrete on a Roll™, making it extremely easy to install as a drainage channel lining. All you need to do is:
- Prepare the substrate. To ensure a smooth application, you first need to compact the surface and remove any vegetation, rocks and large voids.
- Secure the canvas. Overlap layers and securely joint them together to prevent water ingress and weed growth.
- Hydrate the surface. Use water to hydrate the Concrete Canvas surface to activate the concrete and create a solid drainage channel.
The benefits of a concrete drainage channel
The easy installation of Concrete Canvas is just one of the many benefits gained from using it to create a heavy-duty drainage channel. Further benefits of Concrete Canvas are that it is:
- Concrete Canvas has a hard armour surface, which protects the drainage channel from punctures, abrasion, weathering and UV. In addition, Concrete Canvas has been BBA certified with a durability in excess of 120 years, making it an extremely long-lasting solution.
- Concrete Canvas has been specially designed to be flexible and adaptable. This means it can closely follow the ground profile and fit around existing infrastructure.
- Concrete Canvas is made using lower carbon technology, which uses up to 95% less material than other concrete drainage solutions, making it more sustainable to produce and install.
- Cost-effective. Concrete Canvas is available in ready-to-use rolls and requires less time and personnel to install, making it a more cost-effective solution than conventional concrete drainage systems. It also requires minimal maintenance once it’s been installed, making it much more affordable in the long run.
- Time efficient. Concrete Canvas is ready-to-use and can be installed at a rate of 200m²/hour. With no need to measure or mix materials, Concrete Canvas can be laid up to 10 times faster than conventional concrete drainage systems.
Choose Concrete Canvas for your Drainage Channel
Concrete Canvas has been used across a number of industries to create heavy duty drainage channels. From Road and Rail to Agriculture and Mining, Concrete Canvas has proven to be an effective method of carrying surface water.
If you’re interested in using Concrete Canvas to complete a concrete drainage system, feel free to get in touch. Our team of specialists are on hand to discuss your project and recommend a solution.